The beekeeping 101 course has been developed from and is based upon basic core of practical beekeeping. Course consists of two sessions; in class presentations and hands-on lessons in the bee yard.
- History of Honey Bees
- Species of Bees
- Types of individual bees – queen, worker, drones.
- Parts of Beehive
- Beekeeping equipment (boxes, frames, smoker, suit etc.)
- Understanding concept of beehive
- How to take care of your bees
- How to maintain your hive throughout the seasons
- Harvesting and Extracting Honey
- Pests and diseases of the honeybee
- Legal requirements
- A practical booklet will be provided to course participants.
- Hive inspection
Date and Time;
May 27th 2017 Saturday at 10 am to 4 pm Course will be offered in ENGLISH
- Bring your lunch and snack
- Coffee and tea will be served
- Protective clothing will be provided to participants. Long pants and closed footwear should be worn.